Media visits to Sweden
Media visits to Sweden are an essential part of promoting Sweden. The visits are arranged by the Swedish Institute (SI) as a response to interest from international media.
Instructions and manuals
For Swedish Embassies and consulates abroad: Applications for sending a journalist to the media visits are done by sending an e-mail to Livia Podesta.
For foreign journalists: Applications for participating to a media visit to Sweden are done by contacting the Swedish Embassy in your country.
If nothing else is specified, decisions will be based on the “first come, first served” principle, on confirmed journalist participation. SI must always approve the journalist’s participation before further arrangements can be made. Submit your candidate together with a short description of the journalist and the related media and its circulation. Please note that we only accept journalists who have not yet participated in previous media visits arranged by the SI and that fulfil the specified requirements below.
General requirements for participants:
- Participants should be fluent in English and able to follow the programme in English as no interpreter will be with us (foreign missions are expected to test their language skills when meeting the candidates and go through the draft of the programme). The meeting between the Embassy and the candidate is a compulsory requirement to be approved for the media visit.
- Participants should come from prominent media outlets with wide circulation in the country, top 3 media in the country (no local or niched media outlets with limited reach).
- Participants should report for print, online (incl. influential blogs) or radio. Please note that we are not able to accommodate TV journalists due to the logistics requirements of these media outlets.
- Participants must commit to follow the whole programme arranged by the SI.
- Freelance journalists should already have a confirmed assignment.
Participants will be part of a bigger group with media representatives from several countries following the same programme.
Submit your candidate together with a short description of the journalist and the related media and its circulation. The Embassy meets the candidate to go through the preliminary program together. Only after the journalist’s commitment to participate, the Embassy should submit all the information about the selected journalists to SI for the final confirmation.
The following upcoming media visits are open for application from foreign missions. Each media visit must have a minimum of 6 participants, coming from different countries (one journalist per country) for SI to be able to go through with the visit.
During 2018 we will have the following media visits (note that the dates are preliminary set and can change):
Swedish architecture with a special focus on democracy, diversity and the global society, during Stockholm Design Week, February 5-8, 2018
Other media visits will be announced on this page once they are confirmed. Please check regularly this page for updates.
SI finances accommodation, some meals (as stated in the program), and transport within Sweden.
- Each participating foreign mission is allocated one vacancy.
- Each participating foreign mission finances the international flights and any applicable visa costs.
- No per diem will be paid to participants.
Contact at the Swedish Institute
For more information, contact Livia Podesta, Media Relations Manager