MIG Talks – discussions on integration
To enable Swedish missions abroad to initiate dialogues about migration and integration issues, the Swedish Migration Agency have together with the SI developed a half day conference concept called MIG Talks. It is based on the Swedish Migration Agency initiative MIG Talks, which is being implemented with a range of partners and target groups in Sweden in 2016-2017.
The aim of MIG Talks is to create a platform for exchanges of information, experience and perspectives between new inhabitants and various public actors, and thereby to spread awareness about migrationand integration and contribute to a nuanced and inclusive public discourse.
Instructions and manuals
The event can be done as one half-day conference or as five separate events spreading over one year, the same way as the orginal Swedish MIG Talks was done.
- Manual for hosting the half-day conference (English) (Swedish)
- Manual for hosting the five separate events (English) (Swedish)
Communicating the event
- Communication plan (English) (Swedish)
- Q&A on Sweden and migration (English) (Swedish)
- Film clips from the Swedish MIG Talks for social media
- Infographics for social media
Videos from Sweden.se:
- Portraits of Migration
- Sweden and migration – refugee interview
- This is integration (on ice)
- For immigrants to Sweden, integration is a two way street
- Host the photo exhibition Portraits of Migration – Sweden beyond the headlines
- Show the film Nice People (Trevligt Folk) about the Somali national team in bandy from Borlänge, Sweden included in the Blu-ray film box 3.
Swedish embassies and consulates may apply for financial support when hosting MIG Talks by filling out the application form.
SI and the Swedish Migration Agency can assist in finding and contacting relevant Swedish guest speakers and contribute a maximum of SEK 15,000. The application must be sent in at least two months before the event. Resources are limited and financial support may not be available at the end of the year. Limits may apply.
After completed event, fill out the evaluation form for toolkits.
Individuals or organisations who would like to show the exhibit should contact the Swedish embassy or consulate in your area.
Contact at the Swedish Institute
For more information, contact Karin Kärr.