Retoy toy swap
With the Retoy-kit, you can create toy swap activities where children get to experience sustainable consumption in a fun way. By swapping, creating and giving toys, children are introduced to their rights according to the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. Using the power of play, children gain awareness about how everything and everyone in the world are interconnected.
Retoy’s activities have been created and developed together with children in Sweden.
Instructions and manuals
- Manual for hosting the toy swap event
- What you need to build the toy swap stations
- Written instructions for building the collection box
Material for the event
- Retoy passport
- Worksheet – Draw and sort your toys!
- Cards on the basic principles of the UN Convention of the Rights of the Child
- Information about toxic toys, sustainable consumption and UNCRC for teachers and parents
- Invitation and information about Retoy to parents
Swedish embassies and consulates may apply for financial support of maximum 15,000 SEK for hosting the event and inviting Swedish guest speakers. SI will also cover the costs of a Retoy kit and shipping. Application is done by filling out the application form.
The application must be sent in at least two months before the event. Resources are limited and financial support may not be available at the end of the year. Limits may apply.
After completed event, fill out the project report for toolkits.
Individuals or organisations who would like to show the exhibit should contact the Swedish embassy or consulate in your area.
Contact at the Swedish Institute
For more information, contact Michael Skoglund.