#ThisIsFreedom quotes (Russian)
Designed to commemorate the 250th anniversary of the first Freedom of the Press Act in the world, and at the same time addressing today’s need to defend the very same freedoms, the #ThisIsFreedom quotes provides Swedish Foreign Missions with a selection of easy-to-use quotes from the Swedish freedom of the press history for sharing in social media like Twitter. Spanning from pioneers such as Peter Forsskål (1732-63) and Anders Chydenius (1729-1803) to world known writers August Strindberg (1849-1912) and Astrid Lindgren (1907-2002), the tweets are equally suited for promotional use as they are for public debate.
When sharing the quotes in social media, please tag #ThisIsFreedom.
As of 3 May, World Freedom of the Press Day, the tweets may be used freely, or on either of below dates throughout 2016
- 6 June. National Day of Sweden
- 7 August. On this day 250 years ago the Swedish parliament agreed on the first ever Freedom of the Press Act in world.
- 28 September. International Right to Know Day
- 2 November. International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists
- 15 November. Day of the Imprisoned Writer
- 2 December. On this day 250 years ago the first ever Freedom of the Press Act in world enters into force