In February 2017 a pilot event for Retoy was hosted by the Embassy of Sweden in Skopje, Macedonia.
The project was a cooperation between the SI, the Embassy and local partners OXO and Save the Children.
Many connecting activities were arranged as part of the event:
- Retoy toy swap event on a local pre-school
- Dialogue meeting with the Macedonian Ministry of Labour and Social Policy
- Heart-give toy activities for refugee children at the Gevgelija Transit Center together with Save the Children
- A seminar and workshop on children’s rights, CSR and sustainability
- Meetings with Swedish companies in Macedonia about long term commitment for Retoy activities in Macedonia
The project attracted a lot of media attention with Retoy founder Soledad Piñero Misa being interviewed for two TV morning show, and attracted 40 participants to the seminar and around 70 children who took part in the toy swap activities.
Photos by: Ana Jakinska