As a certified Alumni Network you hold an annual meeting once a year. It’s a vital cornerstone in an active and inclusive network.
Below you find all material you need including a step by step manual and a template for the agenda on how to pull this meeting together. The purpose is to elect or re-elect a board for the coming year and set up an activity plan. The annual meeting is mainly targeting members that are actually interested in being involved as board members, but all members should be invited and get a chance to be part of the board. The invitation should go out at least three weeks in advance.
Please strive for a 50/50 gender balance in the board.
The grant for this toolkit is 5000 SEK which makes room for fika or snacks. You can also contact the Swedish Embassy in your country and perhaps hold the meeting there. We can help you get in touch with them if you do not already have an established contact.
Make sure to hold the annual meeting in time to meet the deadline for certification of your network as the meeting notes from the annual meeting is to be sent in along with the application documents. Even if you do not apply for financial support for your annual meeting, make sure to follow the instructions below.
Instructions and manuals
Step by step manual:
- Find a good venue, maybe the Swedish Embassy in your country can host you?
- Set a date and time, be sure you can send in the application for funding at least five weeks before the event takes place.
- If you have not already, inform your contact person at the Swedish Embassy about your annual meeting.
- Set up the agenda together with the rest of the board members. Is this event only a small meeting for those interested in joining the board for the coming year or do you want to add some other content? If you add something, the budget might be increased after discussing this with SI.
- Create a page for your event so that people can register. We suggest you use
confetti.events or a similar service but it can be a facebook event or google forms or any other service that you find suitable.
- Post your event in the Sweden Alumni Activity Calendar.
- Send invitations to your members. If you need help with reaching out to new members, get in touch with SI who can help sending an email to their contacts. For this event it is important that all members get an invitation. It is not important that all members join your event, but that they get information about it. Attach your agenda to the invitation and make sure that everyone who wants can express interest in being part of the coming board beforehand. That way the voting on the actual event is done easier.
- Arrange for food and drinks.
- Have your event! Make sure the voting is done in a democratic way. If you want help from someone impartial to coordinate the voting, you can ask your contact at the Swedish embassy.
- Send in the report to SI, not more than two weeks after the event.
Send in the meeting notes and list of participants as a complement to your certification application.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.