Is there a better forum for meeting fellow alumni than over a fika? All certified alumni networks can apply to hold an Eco Fika Event for their local alumni.
Swedish organic fika plus a discussion forum on sustainability equals Eco Fika. This is an easy way to gather alumni and initiate discussions on organic and sustainable food. Our choice of food (what we eat, how our food is farmed and raised and transported) has a major effect on our climate and the environment. Eating organic food that is locally produced can make a big difference.
Enjoy a wonderfully tasty Swedish fika in the company of like-minded. Use any parts of this toolkit to arrange an Eco fika day to inspire alumni or others to live more sustainably and inform about Sweden and/or any other topic you find relevant. A delicious bonus is to inform about culinary Sweden and the Swedish language. This toolkit is based on the concept developed by the Swedish Society for Nature Conservation.
Instructions and manuals
Step by step manual
- Find a suitable venue, it should preferably be a place where you can bring some organic fika (coffee/tea and bread/sweets) or a café with an environmental approach. There are recipes on how to make organic fika included in this toolkit if you want to bake your own fika.
- Set a date and time, be sure you can send in the application for funding at least five weeks before the event takes place.
- Inform your contact person at the Swedish Embassy about your event.
- Create a page for your event so that people can register. We suggest you use
confetti.events or a similar service but it can be a facebook event or google forms or any other service that you find suitable.
- Post your event in the Sweden Alumni Activity Calendar.
- Read up on the benefits of organic farming and on the effects our food consumption pattern has on the environment so that you are prepared for the activity that will be carried out during the Eco Fika.
- Send invitations to your members. If you need help with reaching out to new members, get in touch with SI who can help sending an email to their contacts.
- Have your event! During the fika (one or two hours is enough for this event) hand out the quiz cards. The quiz cards are meant to help start discussions about the importance of organic farming and how such a small thing as a fika can make a big difference. If it’s a small group, you can all discuss the topics together. If a lot of people show up for your event you will be better off dividing the guests into smaller groups. Let the guests read the question on the first card and discuss what they think the answer is. On the back of the card there will be facts that answer the question. For more information on sustainability issues, you can also visit the English section of naturskyddsforeningen.se.
- Send in the report to SI, not more than two weeks after the activity.
How to apply
Submit the application form to apply for this event.
How to report
Here you find the reporting Instructions.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org