During the coming years the Swedish Institute will be increasing its focus on communication regarding topics like equality, inclusion, participation and other topics related to SDG 16.
Invite your alumni network members to promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development through the campaign Count us in for #inclusivesocieties! This toolkit is exclusively developed for alumni and custommade for each network! We challenge all alumni networks to post as many pictures as possible on social media related to alumni activities focusing on SDG 16 using the hashtags and picture templates offered in the toolkit. Can we count you in for #inclusivesocieties?
October 2022 will be the official focus month for Everybody Counts #inclusivesocieties, so make sure to plan SDG 16 activities during that month.
This campaign toolkit offers communication building blocks for promoting all alumni activities related to SDG 16 “Peaceful and Inclusive societies”. Weather you are organising Electionville, Global Guy Talk, or a film screening on LGBTQI+ rights this is the toolkit for you! After organising an activity post the pictures on social media using the templates provided in this toolkit.
This toolkit is designed for the alumni networks which means that each network have their own material to use when communicating #inlcusivesocieties.
Online Book Fair NEW!
Images that change the world NEW!
Join the Parade! NEW!
Film Screening: (Integration) (LGBTQI in film) (Women in film)
Instructions and manuals
Step by step manual (further down on this page)
Instruction video for downloading custommade network material on Canva (Resource Hub)
Guidelines – How to use the communication material
Communication material for Count us in for #inclusivesocieties
Find and edit all custommade network material for social media including frames, banners and gifs at Canva.com (you find the password on the Resource Hub)
Please use the below hashtags when posting on social media:
- We suggest you plan the campaign for Count us in for #inclusivesocieties by organising activities related to SDG 16 Inclusive Societies (see related toolkit). A suggestions is to organise a launching activity for the campaign (e.g. an electiovnville game or a filmscreeening) and an activity for the focus month in October (e.g. a seminar on the topic)
- Reach out to the Swedish embassy and let them know about your upcoming activities
- Find a suitable venue for your activities. Maybe the Swedish embassy can host you?
- Set a starting and finishing date for your campaign and dates and times for your launch activity and focus month activity. Make sure you can send in the application for funding at least five weeks before the event date.
- Investigate if there is any local organisation that you can partner up with who are running similar campaigns that can maybe come by your first event and hold an inspirational speech.
- Create a page for your event so that people can register. We suggest you use confetti.events or a similar service but it can be a facebook event or google forms or any other service that you find suitable.
- Choose an online forum to invite and inform target groups of your activities using the communication material in this toolkit. You can also send invitations to your members. If you need help with reaching out to new members, get in touch with SI who can help sending an email to their contacts.
- Post your event in the Sweden Alumni Activity Calendar.
- Have your activities and post your pictures using the hashtags #inclusivesociety, #countusin and #solidarity
- Send in the report to SI, not more than two weeks after the event.
How to apply
Submit an application form to apply for this event.
How to report
Here you find the reporting instructions.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.