Communication and content during the Covid-19 pandemic
Like many others, the Swedish Institute is currently working hard to reorganise planned activities as a result of the ongoing pandemic. We will be able to offer digital versions of some of our toolkits, and as soon as we have new digital content ready, we’ll update this page and send out a Sharing Sweden newsletter. If you have any questions, requests or ideas, please do not hesitate to contact us! In the meantime, here are some tips. Stay safe and healthy!
Communication in social media
At the Swedish Institute we are adapting the communication about Sweden in our channels to meet the changing needs in these exceptional circumstances. Feel free to share our posts!
- Arabic: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- English: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Russian: Facebook, Instagram, Vkontakte
Toolkits and other digital content
We are doing our best to make sure that more digital content is available. Currently, we offer the following:
- Quarantine Dads
- The 7 Day Challenge toolkit – quarantine edition
- Online visits to Smart City Sweden
- Sweden’s National Day. Most of you will not be able to celebrate the Swedish National Day the way you normally do. We will be able to offer you a way to celebrate digitally instead.
- Congrats Pippi! – a new social media campaign is here. The application period for the Congrats Pippi! toolkit will also be extended until June 2021.
- Swedish short films for social media – we offer you an opportunity to stream short films in your digital channels.
- Videos for social media covering different initiatives in Sweden during the time of this pandemic, including a new Stories from Sweden film.
- Handlingshjälpen (“shopping help”) is a Facebook group founded to make life easier for people in Covid-19 risk groups.
- Mission: Helping out on Furlough. This is a film about how a furlough made is possible for staff at airline SAS to to give the Swedish healthcare sector a helping hand.
- Helping out to save lives. This is a film about how a temporary layoff from truckmaker Scania provided Hanna and Katarina with an opportunity to help save lives.
- Join the Parade – If you think you can’t Join the Parade this year due to Covid-19, think again. Many Pride events worldwide are organizing a digital version. If you would like a Swedish panelist or similar to participate in your event, please contact Anders Öhrn to apply for financial support.
The list will be continuously updated with new initiatives. In the meantime, don’t forget to browse Sharing Sweden for our regular content as well.
To receive the latest news from Sharing Sweden, subscribe to our newsletter: go to Sharing Sweden homepage, scroll down and enter your e-mail to sign up,
Financial support for toolkits
The foreign missions who have already been granted financial support for activities during the first half of 2020 will be able to use the support for activities during the second half of 2020 instead. However, if the activities will be cancelled entirely, please inform us before 1 September 2020. Financial support for cancelled activities must be returned to SI as soon as possible. If you have any questions regarding this, please send us an e-mail.
Images in the time of corona
Analysing the image of Sweden
We are monitoring the conversation about Sweden in international media and social media. We cover Arabic, English, French, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, and Nordic languages. Our reports are published every Thursday at si.se.
If you are interested in receiving a list of articles in your langauage or have any other questions regarding the image of Sweden please contact email@example.com.
Do you know someone who wants to learn Swedish?
Learning Swedish is a free language course for beginners. The course gives basic spoken and written knowledge of the Swedish language, as well as an insight into Swedish culture and society. All instructions are given in English. The full course is available at learningswedish.se, and the first part of the course is also available as a mobile app, Learning Swedish – you’ll find it where you normally download apps.
Contact at the Swedish Institute
For more information, requests or ideas, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.