Ingmar Bergman film selection
This toolkit includes a selection of films by Swedish director, producer, and screenwriter Ingmar Bergman. The film(s) are sent upon request and requires a cinema with DCP projection capability.
Instructions and manuals
- Contact the partner cinema who will perform the film screenings and ensure that they have Digital Cinema Package (DCP) equipment. DCP is a global digital standard for screenings of high-quality films with copy protection.
- Identify the contact person at the cinema who will be responsible for the technological aspects of the screening and for implementation of the material sent from the Swedish Institute’s film provider in Sweden.
- Set up your project at the film portal. (General information about the toolkit Ingmar Bergman jubilee 2018 is available here.)
- Once the booking is completed, the Swedish Institute will send a confirmation indicating when the film will be delivered. Simultaneously, our supplier Way Creative AB, will contact the cinema’s manager in charge of projection.
- The DCP format is unique in that it will save a copy of the film in the cinema’s system that remains until the screenings are completed. The media used to deliver the film should be forwarded to the next screening site or returned to the Swedish Institute’s supplier immediately after use with an express courier service.
How to apply
Application is done in the film portal.
The application must be sent in at least two months before the event.
Contact person at the Swedish Institute
For more information please send an email to Lars Hedenstedt.