Media visits to Sweden
Media visits to Sweden are an essential part of promoting Sweden. The visits are arranged by the Swedish Institute as a response to interest from international media.
Instructions and manuals
For Swedish Embassies and consulates abroad: Applications for sending a journalist to the media visits are done by sending an e-mail to Livia Podesta.
For foreign journalists: Applications for participating to a media visit to Sweden are done by contacting the Swedish Embassy in your country.
General requirements for participants:
- Participants should be fluent in English and able to follow the programme in English. Foreign missions are expected to test their language skills when meeting the candidates.
- Participants should come from prominent media outlets with wide circulation in the country, top 3 media in the country. No local or niched media outlets with limited reach.
- Participants should report for print, online (incl. influential blogs) or radio. SI is unfortunately not able to accomodate TV journalists due to logistic requirements of these media outlets.
- Participants must commit to follow the whole programme arranged by the SI.
- Freelance journalists should already have a confirmed assignment.
Participants will be part of a bigger group with media representatives from several countries following the same programme.
Submit your candidate together with a short description of the journalist and the related media and its circulation. The Embassy meets the candidate to go through the preliminary program together. Only after the journalist’s commitment to participate, the Embassy should submit all the information about the selected journalists to SI for the final confirmation.
If nothing else is specified, decisions will be based on the “first come, first served” principle, on confirmed journalist participation. Please note that SI only accept journalists who have not yet participated in previous media visits arranged by SI.
Media visits will be announced on this page once they are confirmed. Please check regularly this page for updates.
SI finances accommodation (4 nights in single room with breakfast), some meals (as stated in the program), and transport within Sweden.
- Each participating foreign mission is allocated one vacancy.
- Each participating foreign mission finances the international flights and any applicable visa costs.
- No per diem will be paid to participants.
Contact at the Swedish Institute
For more information, contact Livia Podesta, Media Relations Manager