Bench made from metal scrap
The Swedish company Byarums Bruk has been building benches with melted aluminum and sand since 1947.
The video is available in both an English version and a clean version. You can use the clean version, video copy and social media captions to translate the video to your local language.
- Is it possible to make a bench like this from cans and car scrap?
- Yes! Swedish company Byarums Bruk has been building benches with melted aluminum and sand since 1947.
- Aluminum melts at 650°C — which is low for a metal. So the procedure is relatively energy efficient.
- The sand comes from Lake Vättern and can be used over and over!
- Best of all? Nothing goes to waste.
These leftovers of an item can be re-melted to make new items.
- Like these nice decorative flowers…
- …or a plant pot outside Stockholm City Hall!
Social media captions
What to do with used cans and car scrap? 🥫
Why, build a bench of course!
Swedish company Byarums Bruk builds benches with melted scrap aluminium and sand, and has done so since 1947. ♻️
Music: Del Verano/Epidemic Sound