Join the parade!
The toolkit consists of two parts. Each part can be used separately or together in connection with each event.
- A Pride parade kit. This includes everything you need in order to participate in a Pride parade. Banners, t-shirts, giveaways and a beginner’s guide to Pride.
- Topic suggestions and guidelines to organise events concerning LGBTQI+ issues. This focuses on topics, challenges and opportunities relevant to the local context and is intended as an inspiration for how activities can be arranged. The Swedish Institute offers assistance with finding relevant guest speakers.
Join the Parade – If you think you can’t Join the Parade this year due to Covid-19, think again. Many Pride events worldwide are organizing a digital version. If you would like a Swedish panelist or similar to participate in your event, please contact Anders Öhrn to apply for financial support.
The situation for LGBTQI+ people has improved in many regions and countries globally in the last 50 years. Discrimination based on sexual orientation is now prohibited in many countries. Laws against hate crime have become more common, as have same-sex partnership and marriage laws. At the same time, there are many countries where the situation for LGBTQI+ people is very worrisome. People are faced with discrimination and violence all over the world, and progress that has been made around these issues is now threatened in several places.
Our purpose with this toolkit, produced in cooperation with RFSL, is to give you the opportunity to show Sweden’s commitment and continued support for equal rights.
Target groups: LGBTQI+ organisations, the media, decision-makers, policy-makers and shapers of public opinion.
1. Products in the Pride parade kit
The files for printing can be downloaded from the link provided by SI via email.
2. Topic suggestions and guidelines for an LGBTQI+ event
The Swedish Institute offers assistance with finding relevant guest speakers.
We encourage you to couple this material with our toolkit LGBTQ in film.
Social media material
- Images for Facebook events:
Europride in Stockholm, 4 August 2018.
The toolkit consists of two parts that can be used together or separately.
- Manual for participation in Pride parades
- Manual for seminars or other events (see no. 2 under Building blocks)
If you and your colleagues are government officials with access to Klaranätet, we encourage you to take the LGBTQI+ training programme available. Instructions on how to find it can be found here.
Swedish embassies and consulates may apply for financial support up to a maximum of SEK 40,000 for production of the printed material, language translation and travel costs, and remuneration for Swedish guest speaker(s). To be granted maximum support, Swedish guest speaker(s) must be invited.
For projects aiming to strengthen cooperation in the Baltic Sea Region the level of financial support is limited to a maximum of SEK 100,000. Up to 30 per cent of the granted sum may be used for external project management.
How to apply
To apply, please fill out the application form.
The application must be sent in at least two months before the event. Resources are limited and financial support may not be available at the end of the year. Limits may apply.
How to report
After the completed event, fill out the project report for toolkits.
Contact at the Swedish Institute
For more information, contact Anders Öhrn.